On Saturday we visited the oldest city in Germany - Trier!
There was an Altstadtfest (Old City Festival) going on, with tons of food and stands and entertainment.
In the back is the Porta Nigra, a city gate built by the Romans.
Lunch!
They were building a parking garage and ended up excavating an old Roman wall. It's underground and protected by a glass building.
Tasty...
My favorite church ever. I didn't want to leave. I think it may be a World Heritage site, but I'm not sure.
It's gorgeous!
This was a bit creepy.. but it's cool.
I lit a candle. (The closest one in the photo)
Christine, Erin, and Airin... what's really interesting though is the boulder behind them! The devil threw it there! It's right in front of the church. I need to start remembering the stories behind things like this.
These statues were also left by the Romans.
Yea.. I don't remember what this building is called either, but it had some awesome gardens.
At least we tried...
Brandon, Ben, Sara (Melanie's friend), Melanie, Airin, Christine, Erin, and me. I look like a fool.
It reminded me of The Secret Garden.
Ignore my face... look how green the grass is!
1 comments:
oohh very greenn...with patches!
Post a Comment